Saturday, November 15, 2008

Today was filled with good people.

I worked early this morning by opening for Lynnette. I left there right at noon to make it to a 12:15 lunch. Brenda and I took out sweet little Chelsea. She is one of my camp girls and is now a senior in high school. She has been dealt a pretty crappy hand the past few years and needs a little extra love right now. We were happy to shower her with it and help push her in the right direction. It was one of the most amazing and spiritual lunches I've ever had. I know it helped Chels tremendously because she sent both Brenda and I the sweetest messages. She also had very sad eyes when we arrived. When we left she was much brighter and I could see smile in her eyes again. But even I left there feeling very fulfilled. It helped me in a lot of ways and I keep learning more and more about Brenda and it makes her that much more likable. I look forward to every encounter with her because I learn something new every time. I just felt so good when I left there.
And it gets better! From there I went to Kris' to take Jenna's hair piece for their approval. What was meant as a quick 'stop by' turned in to a wonderful afternoon hang out. She was briefing me on her lunch date but she needed to leave to pick up Matt just 10 minutes after I arrived. We weren't done talking so I joined her in picking him up. When we returned Jenna was there with her friends. They were leaving for McCall for a bachelorette weekend. I just love Jenna and watching her move through the house like a tornado cracks me up. I can't believe the wedding is only a week away!!! :)
We continued our conversations after they left and before I knew it a couple of hours had gone by. It was so enjoyable to just sit and talk with a friend, pretty much uninterrupted, in the middle of the day. I needed it more then I realized. Just as I left the lunch feeling fulfilled, I left there with such a feeling of happiness that it just added to my already great day. It's such an amazing feeling knowing that people love me and accept me the way I am. They know everything about me and love me anyway. And they're just so genuine. I know I've said this before and I was just telling Kris so she's probably sick of hearing it but I'm saying it again...I just feel so good when I leave their presence. I can totally be myself around Kris. She 'gets' me. I don't have to sensor myself and I can be sarcastic and crude and she flings it right back at me. I love it. And then Jerry walks in...he always always ALWAYS looks at me the same way. It's very endearing. It's hard to explain. He always has a sweet smile. Sometimes it's like he knows something I don't know and he's not telling. But what I realized today when he walked in is that every time he sees me his look and reaction is like he hasn't seen me in years and he's happy to see me. Even though he just saw me on Wednesday. And at church last Sunday. And it's genuine. It makes me feel good. And I find myself looking forward to it. I love it when I leave somewhere feeling better then when I arrived. That pretty much sums it up.
And then when I left and was trying to push the button on the car thingy to get it unlocked, I accidentally pushed the alarm button and the neighbors were staring. And I was trying to be calm and collected and in trying to fix the problem, I dropped the can of Coke I borrowed from them and it exploded. I narrowly escaped it soaking me as it rolled under the car. And the neighbors were staring harder now. And yes, I stood in the middle of the road and laughed my ass off all by myself. It was funny. I needed this coke for the roast I had cooking at home. I walked around the car to go back inside to get another can and the coke was spraying like a fountain into the grass. Nice. Funny thing is, at the lunch date, Brenda, Chelsea and I had all shared stories of how clumsy and ungraceful we are. How very fitting.
I rushed to work and worked an hour later since I was late! But it was worth it.
Flower spent the night at my sister's tonight because KG and I wanted some adult time. John and Lisa were also in need of adult conversation so 'the day of good friends' continues into the night. They came to our place and ate the roast/potatoes/carrots I had cooking in the crockpot all day. We also had a yummy 'KG salad' and blueberry muffins. Lisa made dessert. She brought a homemade mint chocolate chip icecream pie on an oreo crust just for me! She knows I love it. We played a game of Spy Alley and just talked until 12:30 am. These are two people that I can also be myself around. They are such good friends. They may be getting transferred out of state and we will be so sad. That has lead us to talk about whether we would move and it's made me realized that I've made such deep connections with people lately that it would be really hard for it to be worth it for me. I think I'd rather stay and make less money. I just have no complaints in the social department right now. Good friends, good family, good jobs. What more could I ask for?

Word to your mother.

No comments:

Let's kick it.

can you dig it?

My photo
i love life. i love my family. i love adventures.

past ramblings

peace out